Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2017)
Last Date: 04/10/2016.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is organizing Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2017) Examination scheduled to be held between February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only). The Online Registration start from 1st September 2016 and the Registration close on 4th October 2016.
Those who qualify in GATE 2017 Examination will be eligible for admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master's and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships / Assistant-ships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science. The GATE Score also valid for some Government Public Sector Units (PSU) Recruitment.
1. B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs
2. B. Arch. :Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course)
3. B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.: Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)
4. M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent : Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent
5. Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.): Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year program)
6. Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2) : Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year program)
7. Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.S.-M.S. : Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. S./M. S. program
8. Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.) : B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
Examination Pattern: The Examinations for all the papers will be conducted as Computer Based Tests only.
Validity: The GATE 2016 Score will be valid for 03 Years Only from the date of announcement of Results (from 27th March 2017).
Application Fee: ₹ 750/- for the SC / ST / PwD category candidates; ₹ 750 for women candidates; ₹ 1500 for all other candidates. The application fee has to be paid only online either through e-challan or through net banking.
How To Apply: All candidates must apply Online from 01/09/2016 to 04/10/2015.
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission: September 1, 2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website: October 4, 2016
- Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login : November 16, 2016
- Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing: January 5, 2017
- Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website: March 27, 2017
Advertisement Details: http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/