Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (ASCPCR)
Last Date: 27/08/2015.
The Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (ASCPCR) intends to hold a walk-in-interview and written test to engage a Consultant for matters relating to implementation of Railway Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) at the Gauhati Railway Station, in the Office of the ASCPCR on 27th August, 2015 from 10 A.M. The eligibility criteria and other details are mentioned below:
Name of the post: Consultant
Duration of Contract: 06 months.
No.of post: 1
Eligibility and Qualification for the post:
1. 5 or more years of experience in the development sector preferably working in the area of networking and advocacy.
2. Preferable experience of working on child protection issues
3. Sound understanding of national laws pertaining to children and over all legislative frameworks.
4. Post-Graduate with social sciences background.
5. Excellent communication and analytical skills.
6. Strong presentation and negotiation skills
7. Strong networking and people skills.
8. Good language proficiency in English, Assamese and Preferably Hindi.
9. Strong documentation skill.
10. Proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
11. Believes and practices mutual respect, collaboration, commitment to learning and integrity.
12. Sense of balance and ability to work under pressure.
• Coordinate the implementation of baseline study at Guwahati Railway Station
• Plan and organize first phase of orientation programme with Government Railway Police and Railway Protection Force.
• Ensure that all state child protection mechanisms as well as allied agencies (health etc.) are aware about this collaborative initiative.
• Liaise with all the collaborating agencies as well as railway child line organization, state government and railway authorities to facilitate the exchange of information
• Prepare two quarterly progress reports on the status of implementation of SOP at Guwahati Railway Station and its impact in the lives of children.
• Liaise and work with the existing networks in Assam , specifically Guwahati, to allow for the development of a conducive environment for convergence for child protection.
• Provide need based hand holding support for the ‘child help group’, for efficiently implementing their role at Guwahati Railway Station.
How to Apply: Interested candidates must carry original copies of all testimonials regarding educational qualification, age, pass certificate of the highest qualifying examination, work experience certificate etc, with one “self-attested “copy of each and an updated and detailed CV duly signed by the candidate. Candidates already in service should apply through proper channel. No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the interview. A selection committee shall select the candidate for the said post. The committee has the right to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage of recruitment for submission of improper documents/testimonials or trying to influence the selection process etc.
Venue for interview: Office of the Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights, Jayanagar, Sixmile, near NRL Petrol Pump, Guwahati -78102, Assam.
Date of interview: 27th August.