Assam Science Technology and Environment Council (ASTEC)
Last Date: 15 Days.
Applications are invited for appointment to the post of Director, Assam Science Technology and Environment Council (ASTEC), GS Road (near IDBI Bank), Guwahati781005. The appointment shall be for tenure of three years.
Name of post: Director, Assam Science Technology and Environment Council (ASTEC)
Pay: The salary shall be in the scale of Rs. 12,000/- Rs. 40,000/-, Pay Band – 4, Rs. 7,600/- per month, plus other allowances as admissible as per the rates of Govt. of Assam.
Candidates coming in lien/quasi-lien/ quasi-lien from other organizations/departments shall be eligible for adequate pay protection as per rules.
Eligibility Conditions: The requisite eligibility criteria for the post are as follows.
1. Candidate should have an outstanding academic record and have excellence in the scientific, technological, environmental or technical fields.
2. Candidate should possess a PhD degree from a UGC recognized University with a least 20 (Twenty) years of teaching or research experience in the fields of science and technology in organizations/ institutions of established repute.
3. Candidate should invariably have scientific temperament, initiative and capability in preparing and executing projects.
4. Candidate should preferably have managerial experience and experience in liaisoning with State Govt. Departments, Government of India, International Organizations, etc.
5. Candidate should not be above 55 years of age as on 01.01.2014.
How to apply: The applications should be submitted along with necessary particulars in support of the candidature and complete bio-data duly typed out on plain paper; should be addressed to:- “The Secretary to the Govt. Of Assam, Science and Technology Department, Assam Secretariat, Dispur, Guwahati-781006”, and should reach the Science and Technology Department, Govt. of Assam, within 15 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.