Department of Elementary Education, Government of Assam
Last Date: 10/09/2014.
As a part of the implementation of the Right to Education Act, 2009, Department of Elementary Education, Government of Assam has decided to hold TET for Siksha Mitras and Additional Siksha Mitras.
The names of the SM/ASM who had not qualified in the first round of TET conducted for SM/ASM will be uploaded in the official websites of TET viz. www.tetassam.com and www.ssaassam.gov.in, whose certificates/ documents were already verified during the first round of TET for SM/ASM. The potential candidates, as uploaded in the website can make any correction with respect to their information details, subject to further verification and confirmation regarding their working status from the concerned district offices/ State Mission Office, SSA.
Eligibility: Candidate must have served as Siksha Mitra or Additional Siksha Mitra in any of the 5015 erstwhile EGS centres at the time of upgradation to LP school. No other applicants rather than SM/ASM will be considered as eligible candidate for this examination.
The eligibility criteria of the candidates to appear in the TET are as follows:
a) Candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.
b) Candidate must have minimum academic and professional qualification as follows:
i) Senior/Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 % marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known); Or
ii) Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks with 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) in accordance with the NCTE (recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations, 2002; Or
iii) Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 % marks with 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed); Or
iv) Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 % marks with 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) Or
v) Graduation from any UGC recognised University and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (irrespective of marks obtained in graduation). With regard to candidates having graduation degree, the minimum percentage of marks specified above at + 2 stage Senior secondary /higher Secondary will not be required.
1. Ministry of Human Resource & Development (MHRD) has relaxed professional qualification till 31.03.2015. However, any TET qualified candidate appointed as a teacher must acquire the required professional qualification as laid down by NCTE mandatorily within prescribed period.
2. If any candidates names were not in the database or left out, they may apply directly to the Member Secretary, Empowered Committee (TET), Elementary, Kahilipara, Guwahati within 26th to 31st August, 2014 along with a set of photocopy of all certificates/ documents in support of their candidature as working SM/ASM during the period of up gradation to new school in the year 2009 and 2010 respectively.
On-line application and submission of examination fee through SBI branches only.
Detailed steps of submission of examination fee:
A fee of Rs. 500/- is required to be paid by all intending candidates. Intending candidates whose names are uploaded in the official website of TET, requested to follow the following steps:
a) Log-in through the web site www.ssaassam.gov.in and www.tetassam.com
b) Download Instruction Manual.
c) Read Carefully the Instruction Manual on how to fill-up the examination fee format.
d) After successful submission of filled-up form, candidate can take print out of fee format. e) After taking printout of fee format, candidate has to pay the examination fee @ 500/- (Five hundred) in nearest branch of State Bank of India. After receiving the payment, Bank will give “Transaction Id” as confirmation of payment and examination fee deposited format will be accepted at respective SSA District Mission Office.
Examination will be conducted only in one Centre viz: Guwahati.
Validity: The pass cum mark sheet certificate will be issued to all successful candidates. The validity of the certificate shall be for 7 (seven) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, TET, Govt. of Assam.
Time schedule for Special SM/ASM TET (last & final), 2014, Assam:
- Publishing of list of remaining candidates (former SM/ASM) as per database in website (with paper advertisement): 22nd August, 2014
- Addressing of grievances such as database correction, new application, in case of left out candidates at State Mission Office, SSA, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19: 26th - 31 st August, 2014
- On-line application form for generation of e-challan and deposit of examination fee at SBI branches: 1st September, 2014 to 10th September, 2014.
- Submission of examination fee deposited format at respective SSA District Mission Office: 18th September to 20 th September, 2014.
- Generation of Admit Card: 27 th September, 2014 onwards.
- Date of TET Exam. 19 th October, 2014
More details available: here .