Commissioner of Excise, Assam
Last Date: 25/08/2014.
Applications are re-invited in the prescribed Standard Form (published in the Assam Gazette) Part-IX, from the intending candidates to fill-up of following post under the establishment of Commissioner of Excise, Assam, Housefed Complex, Dispur, Guwahati-6 from the citizen of India as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India as minimum required number of candidates have not qualified in the Speed Test already held against earlier advertisement.
Name of post: Stenographer (Grade-III)
Scale of Post: - Rs.5, 200.00 – Rs.20, 200.00 (PB-2) Grade Pay Rs.2900.00
Category – Unreserved (General)
(i) Minimum Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination Passes or its equivalent from any recognised University/Board.
(ii) National Trade Certificate holder (Under I.T.I s Assam) or any other institute recognised by Govt of Assam with 80 w.p.m. in English Stenography.
(iii) 3 months Diploma Certificate of MS Office (MS Word, Scanning, FAX, MS Excel, MS Power Point)/DTP & Basic Computer maintenance.
Procedure of Selection:-
(i) Written test in General English and General Knowledge for 100 marks in 3 Hours
(ii) Successful Candidates in written test shall be called for dictation for Stenography, Computer Typing and VIVA-VOCE Test.
(1) The place and the date of Written Examination will be notified later on.
(2) Age: - The Candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 38 years as on 01.01.2014. The upper Age limit is relaxed by 5 years in case of SC/ST Candidates.
(3) Last date of Submission and receipt of application 25.08.2014.No application will be accepted after the last date fixed.
(4) Candidate should clearly mention the post applied for on top of the envelope containing their application with marking in block letters “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF STENOGRAPHER (GRADE-III)”
(5) The application will be received in the Office of the Joint Commissioner of Excise, Assam (EIB), Housefed Complex, Dispur, Guwahati-6 up to the last date of receipt i.e. 5.00 PM of 25.08.2014.
(6) Applicants should register their names in any of the Employment Exchanges of the State and register number should be indicated on the application with attested copies of Employment Exchange Registration Card.
(7) The applicants will have to appear in all the test/interview at their own expenses.
(8) Applicants should register their names in any of the Employment Exchanges of the State and register number should be indicated on the application with attested copies of Employment Exchange Registration Card.
(9) The applicants will have to appear in all the test/interview at their own expenses.
(10) The Candidates already in service must apply through proper channel.
(11) The applicants shall have to furnish with the application a self addressed postage paid envelope of 10" X 4.5" size, clearly indicating the full postal address of the applicant in block letters with respective postal Index Number (PIN).
(12) Application found incomplete and with does not confirm with the qualification or found to contain false documents, information and misrepresentation shall be rejected.
(13) The decision of the Selection Committee as to the Eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the written examination/interview shall be final. Incomplete application will be summarily rejected.
(14) The selected candidates will submit an undertaking to the appointing authority that he/she will abide by the New Pension Rules of the Govt. issued vide Finance Department letter No.BW.3/03/Pt-II/1 dated 25.01.2005.
(15) The application must be accompanied with the following documents:-
a) Two copies of recent passport size photographs duly signed by the candidates indicating full name on the back side of photograph.
b) A copy of Age proof certificate duly attested by self.
c) Educational Qualification Certificate duly attested by self.
d) Caste certificate for reserve category duly attested by self.
e) Self addressed envelope of 10" X 4.5" size with postage stamp of Rs.6.00 (Rupees Six) only.
f) No application will be received in the office of the Commissioner of Excise, Assam.