Last Date: 02/12/2013.
Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) 2014 Part I Notification
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I), 2014 on 9th February, 2014 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air force Academy and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the courses (Men and Women.
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun : 250 posts
- Naval Academy, Ezhimala : 40 posts
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad : 32 posts
- Officers Training Academy , Chennai : 175 posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Women) : 12 posts
Conditions of Eligibility
(A) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
- For Indian Millitary Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January 1995 only are eligible.
- For Naval Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 and not later than 1st January 1996 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1992 and not later than 1st January 1996 only are eligible.
- For Officers' Training Academy - (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (Unmarried or Married) born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January 1996 only are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy - SSC (Women Non- Technical) Course : (a) Unmarried Women, issue less widows who have not remarried, and issue less divorcees (in possession of divorcee documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1996.
(B) Educational Qualifications:
- For Indian Military Academy and Officers' Training Academy : Degree of a recognized university or equivalent.
- For Naval Academy : B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics ) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Candidates who are studying in final year Degree Course and yet to pass final year degree examination or equivalent examination can also apply for the Examination, but they will be required to submit proof of passing the Degree Examination or equivalent examination by the specified dates.
(C) Physical Standards: candidates must be physically fit according to the physical standards for admission to combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I), 2014 as prescribed in the detailed advertisement.
Fee : Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
How to Apply : Candidate must apply online at http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php from 02/11/2013 to 02/12/2013 11.59 pm.
Complete details and other information are available at the commission website at http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2014/cds1/cds-1-2014-notice-english-version.pdf