Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
Last Date: 27/06/2013.
Applications are invited from Indian male citizens for filling up of vacancies in under mentioned posts in the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) a Central Armed Police Force under Ministry of Home Affairs. The last date for receipt of applications is 20-06-2013 for all states
except for Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu & Kashmir State, Lahaul-Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep for which last date is 27-06-2013.
Name of the Post and details.
Total posts: 766 vacancies
1. Assistant Sub-Inspector (Telecommunication): 43 posts
- General: 33 posts
- SC: 04 posts
- ST: 02 posts
- OBC: 04 posts
Pay of Scale: 5200-20200 + 2800 in PB-I
Qualifications: Matric with Diploma in Electronics or Telecommunication from an Institution recognised by the State Government or equivalent (or) 10+2 (Intermediate) (or) Intermediate with aggregate marks of 50% with selective subjects being Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board or Institution or equivalent.
2. Head Constable (Telecommumication): 632 posts
- General: 301 posts
- SC: 100 posts
- ST: 50 posts
- OBC: 181 posts
Qualifications: Matriculation or equivalent plus two years I.T.I certificate in electronics or Intermediate or 10+2 (Intermediate) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised board or institutions or equivalent.
3. Constable (Telecommunication): 91 posts
- General: 45 posts
- SC: 14 posts
- ST: 07 posts
- OBC: 25 posts
Qualifications: Matriculation ro equivalent with Science from a recognised Board / Institute or equivalent.
1. 10% vacancies are reserved for Ex-Servicemen. Vacancies reserved for Ex-Servicemen will be filled by the candidates of open category within the respective quota if suitable candidates of Ex-Servicemen are not available.
2. The number of vacancies are subject to change without any notice and may increase or decrease depend upon the position at the time of final selection.
3. The posts are temporary but likely to be permanent.
4. The recruitment will be conducted on all India basis.
5. Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere within as well as outside the Territory of India according to transfer policy of the force.
Application Fee: The candidates belonging to General and OBC Category will be required to pay Rs 50 /- (Non refundable) as application fee in the form of Bank Draft.No fee will be charged from SC / ST and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected based on Documentations, Physical Standard, Physical Efficiently Test, Written Examination & Medical Examination.
How to apply for these posts: Interested and eligible candidates should send their application (duly filled in) complete in all respect along with Admit Card duly filled in, in the prescribed Pro-forma as per Annexure-I and Annexure-II. The applications shall be typed on one side only in full size plain paper with passport sixe photographs affixed, applications fee, attested copies of testimonials should reach the following address:
To The Inspector General,
frontier HQ, SSB Lucknow,
Vibhuti Khand, Plot no Tc/35-v-2,
Gomati Nagar, Lucknow (UP) - 226010.
Last Date of Application submission: 20.06.2013.
For full information to visit: http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_19114_6_1314b.pdf